Good day! I am back with another review post, this time it is for a gel polish! I have only just started using gel polishes recently, so I am still a beginner! I have acquired a LED curing lamp so that I can use more gel polishes in my designs. I used to use this 1 finger USB connected LED mini lamp, although it does work, but it does take a lot longer to complete my manicure.
This is a design I created for a birthday collaboration for a sweet lady on IG called Manisha, she happens to be the co-designer of the stamping plate I am using for this manicure.
Revlon nail polish in Stiletto
Born Pretty Chameleon gel pigment polish (option 5, a purple/blue shimmer)
Elite99 No wipe gel top coat
UNT Ready to take off (peel off base coat)
Hit the bottle stamping polishes in Champagne Shifter and Chromeo
Clear Jelly Stamper large layering stamping plate CJS-LC18
How I achieve this manicure:
- Applying nourishing base coat followed by a layer of UNT Ready to take off (peel off base coat)
- A layer of black base colour (more if not opaque) and clean up the edges.
- Apply the chameleon colour gel polish, clean up around the cuticles and cure for 60 seconds (you can apply another layer to intensify the colour)
- Layered stamping using the Clear Jelly Stamper csj-c18 plate for the Mandala pattern, clean up any stamping polish left around the cuticles.
- Apply no wipe gel top coat and cure for 60 seconds.
Mini product review
The formula of this gel is not ultra-thick, it is easy to use and apply. The issue I have with this one, is that the bottle is tiny and the brush is tiny. It isn’t easy to work with this combination. As you have to be extra careful not to overload the brush and creates a bump for the surplus gel that sitting on your nail.
This is not a one-step gel, so you might find that you need to wipe off the tacky layer of the gel polish after curing. It worked fine for me as I was stamping over the gel layer anyway!
Where: Born Pretty Store online
Thank you for reading and hope you have a great day!
This post does not contain affiliated links, but please feel free to use my 10% code FTL91 for all non-sale items at BPS online.