Morning everyone! What a wet and gloomy Monday for us here in the UK. It isn’t cold but it is just drizzling non stop.
Today we are finalising the post on January nail art challenge that I’ve been participating. I’ve completed all 7 prompts and here are the last 4. Check out part 1 for previous entries to the challenge.
Prompt #4. Home Decor Inspired
Here are some nails with Moroccan style and design influences, I have always been intrigued by its boldness and use of colours. I’ve included the googled images that totally inspired this look!
- Essie nail polish in Aruba Blue
- Barry M foil effects in silver
- Polish my life in 1950s Mint Fridge
- Born pretty light green stamping polish
- Vapid lacquer in Toboggan (used for stamping)
- Painted Polish by Lexi in Boating in blue jeans
- Born pretty stamping plates BP-L003 and BP-L052
Prompt #5. Circles
You can see lots of dots making up the circular shapes, but I don’t actually have a sold circle apart from the nail studs. Oh dear.
I like the base colour “Ring of Fire” used for this mani, as this is part of the prize from the draw I was lucky enough to win. I’m very grateful to be able to participate and actually winning something is an absolute joy! The polish itself is great towork with, 2 coats for full opacity, needs 1 layer of top coat for smoothness.
- Smokey Mountain Lacquer in Ring of Fire
- Barry M Foil effects in Gold
- Creative shop stamping – plate 2
- Uber Chic beauty stamping plate 14
- Love Angeline Topped with Love
Prompt #6. Out of your comfort zone
So, what could be more out of my comfort zone than watermarbled nails? I have attempted this technique twice and I weren’t too proud of them!
What made the difference this time round, I believe is the tool.. the polishes.. the termperature of the room… and the alignment of all the planets in the universe (wahahaha).
- Native War Paints Explosive, Starlight and Negative
- Esmaltes de Kelly Nebula Ultra Holo collection in Andromeda
- Seche Vite fast drying top coat
- Whatsupnails watermarbling too from Nailartuk.co.uk
Watch this space, I *will* be making more watermarble nails in the future 😉
Prompt #7. Holographic
I was going to go all out with my super holographic polishes, but since this prompt coincides with Chinese New Year. I took this opportunity to combine the two by using a lovely magenta pink thermal with holo glitter pieces! The transition colours are amazing in this Femme Fatale’s Clever Girl polish. It looks so pretty in real life, I want a back up!!
- Bundle Monster BM-XL29
- Femme Fatale Cosmetics polish in Clever Girl
- Barry M foil effects in Silver
- Born Pretty gold stamping polish
- Seche Vite Fast drying top coat
I had fun completing these manicures, so which one is your favourite?
Thank you and have a gorgeous week ahead!