Hello there. Today’s manicure is the day 17 challenge #nailartjan for @californails Instagram. The theme is “Gradient”. I’ve tried gradient manis before but they have never looked impressive. I must be doing something not quite right. More practice might be the key!
For today’s manicure I’ve used:
- Rimmel London Lasting Finish in 239 Your Majesty (base colour)
- Barry M nail paint in 292 Navy
- Barry M Foil effects in Silver
- China Glaze nail lacquer in Sexy in the City
- China Glaze nail lacquer in Fairy Dust
- Makeup sponge
- Moyou London stamping plate in Fairytale 04
- Seche Vite fast dry top coat
At first, I’ve only done the metallic gradients but I couldn’t stop thinking about stamping some stars onto the mani! So I grabbed my trusty Moyou London stamping plate in Fairytale 04 for the stars patterns. I finished the mani off with China Glaze’s fairy dust. Fairy Dust is an extra fine holographic glitter top coat polish.
I love it as much as I love Essie’s Carnival!
Tips on using base colour for gradients:
The silver Rimmel polish was used as a base colour, it makes the gradient colours appear more vibrant. [While completing a Pastel gradient, you can use white as the base colour; or black if you’re using darks].
Thank you for reading and hope you enjoyed this notd post 🙂
You can check out my other NOTDs on my Instagram account @iamcherrylemon.