Hiya, you probably know that I can be quite reserved on nail art. This is the first time I’ve tried using Caviar pearls for a manicure. I just never had the urge to try it. Why this time? I’ve received a Caviar set with a magazine this month. Haha but it’s good, if not for that I wouldn’t have tried or used these adorable tiny pearls with a mani. It can be messy at application, just make sure you have a tray to capture those pearls (you don’t want to waste those tiny pearls!) Plus don’t do this manicure on carpeted area, those tiny pearls will just disappear into the pile. Mine did :p
This month’s Marie Claire comes with a Ciate caviar set, there are 6 sets to choose from! yummy!
Ferris Wheel is a light baby blue that is easy to wear, but it does take 3 coats to be opaque.
Frost yourself is a bottle of Caviar pearls, contains a mixture of clear and deep blue beads.. GORGEOUS
Steps for applying Caviar onto your nails
- Apply 2 coats of the paint pot colour (I find Ferris Wheel requires 3 coats to be totally opaque, so I have 2 layers as base)
- Get the Caviar pearls and the tray ready
- Apply the third coat on the chosen nail
- While the nail is still wet, pour over the pearls onto the wet nail. This should make them stick to the nail.
- Press gently so that the pearls are secure.
- Wait 10 to 15 mins drying time (I waited 5 then applied Seche Vite quick dry to coat for cheating the drying time)
- Apply pearls to other nails if you wish. I’ve added 3 turquoise rhinestones onto another nail
- Finish all other nails with 3rd coat of the paint pot
- Apply topcoat to complete the manicure, seal the edges on your Caviar nails only.
Ps. You don’t need to use paint pots, just use any polish that’s not textured.
Price: £18 a set normally, but FREE with Marie Claire magazine UK July edition (go hunt them down!)
Availability: Ciate online
Fun factor: 5 out of 5!
Overall Summary: apparently Caviar nails only last 2 days 😦 all that effort? So it is a 3 out of 5
Other freebies this month!
- With this month’s Glamour magazine, there’s a free Eyeko Skinny liquid eyeliner, you can choose from black or navy 🙂 saves £12
- There’s a bottle of Leighton Denny Nail Polish worth £11 (Choice of 6 shades) with Harper’s Bazaar UK Magazine
- Malava Nail Polish in the choice of 4 shades with Red Magazine
Thank you for reading and let us know which magazine and which set of polishes you have picked up! 😀
For 20% off on orders from ciateLondon.com, user code MARIEC20
Valid until midnight 2nd July 2014. Enjoy!