Drugstore Beauty Haul for June!
OMG I need to stop buying nail polishes! But these colours are very lovely and I don’t have these shades (and the excuses go on and on… you know the drill!)
On a more serious note, there are so many offers around the shops during the month of June, it is just too tempting for me. Maybe I need to ban myself going into Boots or Superdrug…
OK first of all, I didn’t buy these all at once, these were picked up on few occasions between trips to Boots and Superdrug.
Drugstore Beauty Haul contents:
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Medium
- Collection Hot Looks 60 seconds nail polish in Fruit Salad
- Revlon Super Lustrous lipglosses in Pink Pop (235), Berry Allure (225) and Fatal Apple (240)
- Rimmel I LoveLasting Finish nail colours in Pear drop (703), Sunshine (280), Orange you life (280), Your Majesty (239) and Black Cherries (193)
- Rimmel Salon Pro in Urban Purple (402)
- Seventeen Lip Lustre in 3 Little Words
- Seventeen Miracle Matte pressed powder in silky beige
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipglosses
I bought the Revlon lip gloss in Pink pop first, I wanted a gloss with no/minimal shimmer and just pure colour! This is exactly what I’ve found in Superdrug and I love it! It doesn’t feel too sticky on lips but it will catches your hair like most glosses would.
The colour does last 3 to 4 hours, and there is a very very faint sweet smell while applying it. You won’t notice this unless you really have a go at sniffing it!! I really liked the colour (sheer) and it doesn’t feel too heavy on the lips, so I went back and got Berry Allure and Fatal Apple.
My lips do not feel dry or uncomfortable during wear.
Quick swatches for you!
Boots Seventeen Cosmetics
- Miracle Matte pressed powder in Silky beige
- Lustre Lip in 3 little words
I am using the pressed powder these few weeks, I will write a review on it shortly. In summary, it is pretty damn good for controlling oil!!
Lustre Lip in “3 little words”, please check out the swatch in the image above. A very cute name!
Collection Cosmetics (formally Collection 2000)
- Lasting Perfection Concealer – First impression? Fabulous! I have enough concealers in similar form to this one. I hope to do a comparison review post later.
- Hot looks 60 seconds nail polish in Fruit Salad (see my NOTD post)
I was wearing this nail polish for few days. The colour was good, but consistency is a bit thin and it doesn’t level itself well even with 2 coats. Might need 3 coats for best look, but I hate layers of polishes on nails.
Rimmel nail polishes (Reduced to £1.99 for I love Lasting Finish, £2,99 for Salon Pro)
I always liked the consistency with Rimmel nail polishes! Their brushes are good too, colour range is ok not too crazy. But at times, we need craziness in our lives, to balance everything out!
Rimmel nail polish in urban purple matches well with Revlon’s Berry Allure.
- Pear drop (703) – Frosty sky blue with a very slight hint green undertone, great summer colour
- Sunshine (280) – Bright yellow creme
- Orange you life (280) – Punchy citrus orange, creme no frost
- Your Majesty (239) – Metallic silver
- Black Cherries (193) – Seriously dark cherry colour, creme forumla
- Salon Pro in Urban Purple (402) – Dark fushia pinky purple, creme
I cheekily left out my Barry M polishes, but that’s ok! :p