Cool, this is part 2 of my March learning month 🙂
MAC Makeup masterclass at Spitalfields Mac: this evening class was organised by my friend with her company, the course fee was £50 in which can be redeem against products on the night. This Spitalfields Mac store is pretty spacious and located in heart of the city. Staff was very friendly and helpful 🙂 I attended this class with 2 of my beauty buddies.
Address: MAC Spitalfields, 103 Commercial Street, Old Spitalfields Market, London E1 6BG
The store itself was spacious, products were very well displayed and within easy reach, lighting was adequate 🙂
The class actually started late, we were not told for what reasons. But as soon as we sat down by our makeup station, we were offered light snacks and drinks. We felt very well looked after.
The 3 of us were looked after by 1 Mac MUA, who helped us to find our foundation colour matches. He first started asking what we look for in our foundations, so I told him… I need mine to last me a whole day, medium coverage and dewy if possible. (Not a lot, right?) I have been obsessed with dewy skin for months! MUA came back with Studio Sculpt in NC25 and NC30, Studio Fix concealer in NW25. Er not a dewy one, but that’s fine. I am all for trying new things 😛
The class was nicely structured, we had 2 MUAs with 2 models at the front of the class, 1 to have sun kissed healthy look, the other opt’ed for slightly more dramatic look. The MUAs demo’ed each step on their models very clearly and we were given time to complete the steps on ourselves. We can also ask any question during the demo and also after the class.
All in all, the class was fun and informative, these are the products I used/played with during the class;
- Mineralize charge water cleanser
- Gently Off Eye & Lip make-up remover
- Lip pencil in Spice
- Brown pencil in spike
- Lipstick in viva glam 2
- Foundation, Studio Sculpt SPF 15 in NC30
- Studio Finish SPF 35 concealer in NW25
- Paint Pot in Vintage Selection
- Powder Blush in Peaches, one of the most beautiful peachy-pink, no idea how to describe this, blush I have ever seen! It goes on very lightly and beautifully.
- Various brushes, very nice!
At the end of the night, I redeemed my class fee (£50) for the following products;
- Mac Mineralized Moisture foundation, my shade is NC30
- Powder blush in Peaches
- Mac paint pot in Vintage Selection, gorgeous… colour
- Plus 2 generous samples of studio sculpt foundation in NC25 and NC30
- And a sample of Studio fix concealer in NW25 (which I sadly left on my make-up station!! Gutted!!)
Overall Summary: Great introductory class for make-up newbies, or newbie to MAC cosmetics! Fun and informative, MUAs are all on hand to answer any question you might have on their products or how to use products to suit you! 😀
PS. Please excuse me for posting this March post in May!! I wanted to start a blog for months but haven’t worked out how to!